If you are a tenant of a property managed by mycaretaker and have an emergency, please call our out of hours emergency line for further assistance on 0203 290 7703.
Our offices are open Monday to Friday 9am – 6pm.
If you are in doubt in regards to the seriousness of your issue, please call the emergency number and they will advise on your situation.
For all minor issues that may occur over the weekend, please call your property manager on Monday morning for these issues to be dealt with and resolved.
What is an emergency?
An emergency is something that could not have been foreseen, which can/could cause serious damage to the property.
If a contractor is called out as an emergency when an emergency repair is not justified then you are liable to be charged for all costs concerned.
Emergency contractors will attend to make the property safe to enable full and proper repairs to be undertaken during normal working hours.
If you smell Gas
- Open the doors and windows to get rid of the gas. Check to see if the gas has been left on unlit, or if the pilot light has gone out.
- If so, turn the appliance off, and do not try to relight it until all the smell of gas has been cleared from the property.
- If the leak cannot be stopped by turning off an appliance, or you are uncertain whether it has been stopped, turn the main gas supply off at the meter.
- Phone the gas emergency service immediately: 0800 111 999 National Grid.
In case of a fire
- Dial 999
- Get everyone out of the property and do not go back for any reason.
- Close all doors and windows.
- Warn your neighbours if any of them might be in danger.
- If you live in a block of flats set off the communal fire alarm.
If you have a burst pipe or water leak
- Turn the water off at the mains.
- If the electrics are affected, turn off the electricity at the consumer unit.
- Call the emergency number.
- If you think there is a blockage or if your property has been flooded by a public sewer, please call Thames Water on 0800 009 3964 or Southern Water 0845 278 0835
If you have a loss of electricity
- Check if your neighbours are also affected and then call your electricity provider.
- Check your fuse box to see if a switch has tripped or a fuse has blown.
- If none of the above apply and the problem persists, call the ukpowernetworks: 0800 028 0247 (Landline) 01243 50 0247 (Mobile) 0800 783 8866 (South East England)